We would like to inform you that the abstract submission for the 6th International Workshop on Multi-Rate Processes and Hysteresis in mathematics, physics, engineering and information sciences (http://www.murphys.usv.ro) has been open. The workshop is organized by Stefan cel Mare University, Romania, in cooperation with University College Cork, Ireland, and University of Pecs, Hungary, which hosted the previous five editions of the Workshop.
The aims of these workshops are:
- to bring together the leading experts in multi-scale, singular perturbation, phase transitions and hysteresis phenomena;
- to discuss their important applications in the areas of magnetic materials, photonics, smart systems, plasticity, neuroscience, reacting systems, semiconductor devices, molecular materials, shock phenomena, economic modeling, mechanical structures, hydrology, biological and eco-systems;
- to learn and share modern analysis techniques in areas of common interest.
The Workshop Proceedings will be published in Journal of Physics: Conference Series (indexed ISI Web of Science) while selected papers related to electrical and computer engineering will be published in Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ISI Impact Factor = 0.700).
This workshop will be held at the Stefan cel Mare University in the town of Suceava, situated in the beautiful multicultural land of Bukovina (Romania), between the 21st and 24th of May, 2012. Suceava is surrounded by the greatest density of UNESCO monuments in Eastern Europe and numerous picturesque landscapes that offer workshop participants great opportunities for visiting activities.
The main topics covered in this Workshop will be:
- Multi-scale Phenomena and Modeling
- Decomposition and Parallel Processing
- Hysteresis and Phase Transitions
- Magnetic Materials and Magnetic Recording Nanotechnology
- Spintronics and Spin-transfer Dynamics
- Molecular Materials and Self-Assembly
- Noise and Fluctuations in Systems with Memory
- Stochastic and Coherence Resonances
- Singularity, Stability and Perturbations
- Nonlinear Control and Smart Systems
- Elasto-plasticity and Mechanical Strcutures
- Photonics and Optoelectronics
- Kinetic Hysteresis in Biological and Chemical Systems
- Fluid Dynamics and Hydrology
- Economic Hysteresis and Econophysics
- Ecoepidemiology and Ecotoxicology
- Computational Neuroscience
Please note the following important deadlines:
- March 15th, 2012: Abstract Submission
- April 1st, 2012: Feedback from Evaluators
- April 15th, 2012: Registration of Workshop Participants
- May 21st -24th, 2012: Workshop Presentations
- July 1st, 2012: Full-paper Submission
The participation of young scientists such as post-docs and PhD students is strongly encouraged.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at Suceava.
Mihai DIMIAN, Stefan cel Mare University, Romania (MURPHYS 2012 Co-Chairman)
Amalia IVANYI, University of Pecs, Hungary (MURPHYS 2012 Co-Chairman)
Dmitrii RACHINSKII, University College Cork, Ireland (MURPHYS 2012 Co-Chairman)